2011-06-18

Farewell from Boming Chen (陈伯明)


I was shocked when I heard the sad news that Ning He has passed away and left us forever. I was thinking to see her with my wife after she comes back from her business trip in China. But now it’s too late.

When I talked with her on the phone about two months ago, she was in very good mood. Our conversation lasted more than half hour. We talked a lot about her life, her work, her family and her business trips to China, and much more. She was so optimistic and positive about her work and life. I told her that the changes in Beijing and China are so tremendous that she might get lost in Beijing. She told me that she’d like to visit Beijing, her brother and other friends in China. We never touched the topic of her health. She didn’t show any sign of suffering from cancer. I was praying for her in my heart and wished she could recover soon and make her final trip to China.

Ning He was my classmate in Changsha Railway Institute. She was a great student. She demonstrated her special talent and ability in various jobs with excellent performance.  About five years ago, she was hired to work for the National Transportation Safety Board, an independent U.S. Federal Government agency. We were so proud of her!

Ning He was a great lady and great mother! Whenever friends and relatives needed help, she was always there to help. She never thought of herself.  She was hard working. She was strong! She never gave up!

We have lost a good friend. But we’ll always remember her. She will live in our heart forever!

No comments: